The benefits of hibiscus are many, in addition to its uses for medical purposes, it has proved great benefits for hair, and many women are using it to dye hair as a kind of natural dyes instead of using the commercial dye spread in the market, which is characterized by chemical and causing damage to the hair. Let’s learn about the benefits of hibiscus for white hair and how to use it.
What is hibiscus?
Hibiscus from annuals and sometimes perennial plants belong to the marshmallows, the length of the plant rises approximately 2 meters, its leaves are characterized by beautiful red color, and its leg is red or green. Hibiscus flowers tend to be red, white or light red and sometimes dark, while hibiscus fruit is a capsule with seeds and a spherical shape.
Hibiscus has many names according to each country. In the Arabian Peninsula, it is called “Gypsies”, in Iraq “Gujarat” and in Egypt “Hibiscus”, native to South Asia, specifically India and Indonesia, and also in Africa. It is also cultivated in southern Iraq, Syria, and the West. Sudan, UAE, also in Upper Egypt.
Hibiscus leaves contain betacyanin compounds that work to color hibiscus in dark red, and also contains glucosides, calcium oxalate, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, zinc, potassium, in addition to vitamin C, mineral salts, proteins, organic acids, niacin, and anthocyanins, Antioxidants, riboflavin compounds.
Hibiscus benefits for public health
- Hibiscus helps to relieve pain especially caused by the symptoms of a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Stimulates blood circulation, nerves, and brain.
- It has an effective role in burning body fat and feeling full, making it ideal for dieting and weight loss.
- Doctors always prescribe hibiscus for its enormous diuresis and low blood pressure in the body.
- Hibiscus is one of the most important drinks that are taken to diabetics for its effectiveness in reducing the proportion of blood in the blood.
- Hibiscus is a favorite drink to eat in Ramadan because it helps not to feel thirsty.
- Thanks to the composition of its compounds and the antioxidants it contains, it has an active role in the prevention of cardiovascular disease, and it also works to lower LDL cholesterol.
- Help get rid of the symptoms of constipation and indigestion.
- Works to kill harmful germs and microbes.
- It is used in a lot of cosmetics and hair care.
- Hibiscus has properties resistant to cancer.
- Hibiscus helps to reduce the feeling of depression.
Benefits of hibiscus for hair
In addition to the benefits of hibiscus for health and body, it also has great benefits for hair, studies and research by cosmetic and skin care and hair experts has proven that hibiscus may be an alternative to many cosmetics, as it benefits as follows: –
- Hibiscus flowers help stimulate the growth of hair follicles, making it very useful for the treatment of hair loss and baldness.
- Hibiscus helps to intensify hair.
- It is very effective in getting rid of the problem of dry hair, through moisturizing, makes it a healthy soft texture like silk and reduces the problem of frizz.
- It works to reduce and treat scalp problems, such as the appearance of dandruff and associated itching. It also gives you a feeling of cold in the scalp and reduces irritation.
- It is instrumental in reducing hair breakage and maintaining its strength and nutrition.
The benefits of hibiscus for white hair
The benefits of hibiscus for white hair are great, as it is a natural hair dye through which you can get rid of white hair that occurs as a result of age or heredity factors or because of the lack of secretion of melanin responsible for hair coloring, where it works to dye hair color red or red to give It has an incomparable aesthetic appearance and can be used as a substitute for chemical hair dyes that damage it and make it dry and vital.
How to use hibiscus for white hair
- Put a handful of hibiscus leaves in a bowl of water and put it on low heat and then extinguish it before boiling.
- Allow the soaked to cool, then place in a clean bowl and leave to the next day.
- Strain, water from hibiscus, and wash the hair thoroughly with water.
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap, and leave it for at least 45 minutes.
- Wash the hair with water and shampoo as usual.
- Repeat the process two or three times a week to get the desired results to cover the white hair completely.
Hibiscus recipe with henna
- The right amount of hibiscus leaves is placed in a vessel with boiling water.
- Leaves soaked until it turns red.
- The water is put into the henna and mixed well until dough is formed.
- The mixture is applied to white hair, covered, and left for the next day.
- Wash hair with lukewarm water and shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week to preserve color, strengthen hair and shine.
- Hibiscus recipe and pomegranate peel
- Mix the hibiscus leaves with ground pomegranate crusts.
- Place the mixture with boiling water and leave to cool.
- Feel the mixture is washed, to get naturally dyed hair to cover the white hair and increase its vitality and shine.